Cute Things My Son Has Done Recently:
1) At our first Christmas event, he ran around excitedly with tissue paper from his first gift. He didn’t care about the mega blocks in the bag – he loved the tissue paper.
2) He said “tank you” for every gift. Sometimes even unprompted!
3) He sings “Glory to God” at the top of his lungs. Often when he is trying to delay sleep. But how do you stop a child from worshipping? You don’t.
4) He started saying the prayer at meals (and every time I tell him to fold his hands so he doesn’t touch something!): “God great, God good. Tanks food. Jesus. Hands. Bread. Amen.” Adorable.
5) He is teaching me the finer points of faith like a child. As I said here, things have been a little rough for me, faith-wise, lately. Watching him, as a two year old, love Jesus, want “Bible stories” and watch “Veggie Tales” a hundred times a week is having an impact on my own faith walk.
6) He has started pausing in whatever he is doing to run over and hug me.
7) He is starting to say “I love you” to us without being prompted.
8) He received a set of plush Veggie Tales characters (Bob & Larry) and he. loves. them. to. pieces. I’m afraid it will literally be to pieces 🙂 But it is so cute to see him love these little guys.
9) He sings “Oh no goat” instead of “Oh no, You never let go.”
10) He makes it easier for me to imagine God sitting in Heaven smiling down at our lives. And that is priceless and most precious in this season of my life right now.