Random ventings from Rachel:
* I am sick over what happened in Boston. I will never qualify for the Boston Marathon, but I am a runner. There is no other community as loving, encouraging and accepting as the running community. The 6 minute milers don’t care that I do a 12-15 minute mile…they just care that I am there. So I, along with hundreds of others on Facebook, have declared that we will run 26.2 miles for Boston in the next month. Want to join? Search for 26.2 for Boston on Facebook and add yourself.
* speaking of Facebook…I just can’t some days. The things people post make me question their love for others, their love for Jesus and whether anyone I know retains any kind of critical thinking skills whatsoever.
* I want a baby. Not really news, but part of my vent.
* I took care of a friend’s 2 year old and 4 month old yesterday, along with my own 3 year old. She had emergency surgery late Monday night. I also cleaned part of her house and took care of her husband as well. I was exhausted last night!! But I still want more children.
* an online friend had a tragic loss in her life last week, and I was clueless how to respond. I just prayed for her, but didn’t have the words.
* I am suffering a severe case (well, multiple cases, actually) of envy. Basically I envy everyone I know something about their life. Logically I realize this is ridiculous, but in reality…it’s probably another reason to ignore Facebook. People only present what they want others to know, and rarely is it a gory detail about their real life.
* sometimes I feel like I am “just” a wife and “just” a mother…not important, not necessary, not contributing to much. Am I alone there?
* I actually ran over a mile without stopping yesterday!! But today my upper legs are yelling at me 🙂
* I have a 19 year old “foster” brother. He’s not really either my brother or a foster child (having aged out of any potential help), but he has moved in with my dad and stepmom. N loooooooooves him (we all do) and I love seeing their interactions!! Oh, and he approved my hair and skin care routine for N. Whoo hoo!
* mom….stop feeling sad. None of these things are your fault 🙂
* I/we really want to go camping, but between weather and Keith’s night schedule, that is proving way more difficult this season than ever before
* N is asking all sorts of questions about his story. I love it, but I so wish our adoption was open.
* Sleep disorders still totally suck.
* what do you need to vent about? Leave it in the comments!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad