It is way hot where we live. Like over 100 degrees plus 1000 percent humidity. It’s nasty. I even tried the library yesterday as a change of scenery place for Little Man to play, and it was hot. Yuck. So, today, you get a post of random tidbits:
* I’m reading “The Help.” It’s disturbing to me, but I can’t stop reading.
* The library called and my copy of “I’m Chocolate, You’re Vanilla” is waiting for me! Yay!
* I bought organic, local grass-fed beef this week for the first time. It was SO worth it. I read “Fast Food Nation” and I’m not sure I’ll ever eat non-organic, non-local beef again.
* I stay up way too late at night reading!
* The sleeping through the night thing is hit and miss right now, courtesy of the cutest tooth ever that is currently working its way through Little Man’s lower gum. So some nights he’s out for 10 hours; others he wakes up and cries and fusses for about 3 hours in the middle of the night. It’s rough, especially on my husband, who has to work outside in this nasty heat and desperately needs sleep to replenish after such hot, rough days.
* Little Man is now eating apples, peaches, pears, bananas, oatmeal, rice cereal, yellow squash, butternut squash, peas, green beans, sweet potatoes and yogurt. Not all at once, of course 🙂
* I would love to know what other almost 7 month old baby’s days look like. I’m curious if I’m doing this thing right!!
* I’m not sad at all that school starts next week and I’m not going back. In fact, I’m kind of excited to not be worried about all of the dumb stuff that the start of the school year inevitably brings.
* I’m anxious for cooler weather (like, below, say 80 degrees!) and the combination of school starting so Little Man and I can go to the zoo and places like that without worrying about the big kids.
* I’m packing up baby stuff. It’s very bittersweet!
* He’s napping, so I should, too!
One thought on “It’s Hot”
No joke on this hot weather! I'm waiting for fall, and then we'll be at the zoo at least once a week! I might aim for a Children's Museum pass for Christmas or something, too.
Oh—you asked what a 7-month-old's DAY looks like, not a 7-month-old. lol Maybe I need glasses.